Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Whitney Houston

So....we have "lost" another talented person in this world. Wait...we did not lose her...she was lost and made some very bad decisions which ended her life. I am saddened that such a beautiful voice is gone. I am also saddened that  she is getting glamorized as if she were a saint. Why do we create a back story for the dead that just isn't there? Are we so afraid of death ourselves that we don't want to speak ill of the deceased? Are we just wanting to make sure others speak well of us after we are cold and stiff? I am not sure. But I do know that I do not find it sensible to elevate people to a pedestal that they may not be deserving of or even wanted for themselves. 

Was Whitney friendless herself and so lonely she turned to drugs for comfort? Fame is a cruel and dangerous gift. The music world lost Whitney years ago once she discovered her new friend in drugs. And it was a friend that did not let her go. Oh how I wish she would have sent that friend to the curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment