Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Suck Day

Just another day....scratch that....today was a day from Hell. Nothing went as planned and what was planned fell apart.

Work sucked and then the school nurse called. That is never a good thing. My kid threw up. Not the words I want to hear just after heating my leftovers up for lunch.

I love my child, but I hate throw up. It just isn't my thing. That's why my husband and I make a great team. I don't have issues with the rear end where he doesn't mind puke. I witnessed him catch vomit in his bare hands before in McDonald's as our kid was choking on her lunch. He then walked over to the trash receptacle and dispensed of the chunky gruel. It took everything I had to not blow chunks.

So turns out my kid never got sick again today, thank goodness. But she is barred from school as if she is a leper. The 24 hour rule is a good one, but can be extreme. The rights of a parent are lost due to so many stupid ones. You know them, their kid has a raging fever, so they dope the kid up on Tylenol and then push them out the door to the bus stop. So then the sensible parents get punished for all the retarded ones. The school nurse even sent home a note stating she was not to return to school for 24 hours with a sad face. Really? This coming from a middle school nurse? Felt somewhat juvenile to me, but I am an old lady. And it was as if I needed an instruction booklet with my kid. Wait, what a great idea! Let me pass some out to the stupid parents. But of course they would never read it.




No comments:

Post a Comment