Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

Review time

Ugh....it's that time of year.

The time when my boss gives me his opinion of me. And for some odd reason it never matches my opinion of my performance at work. Not sure why he doesn't see the rock star I see in the mirror in the morning every day, but he doesn't. Think he actually enjoys the battle in some sick way. But this year I have decided to be different. This is after I learned how awful it is to have an employee argue during a review, even with an awesome one. I gave an employee a great review, but because I didn't tell him he walked on water, he wanted to argue and try to convince me to change his rating. So I realized that people do not understand that a review is the opinion of another about you. It is very subjective. There is no way as long as humans are completing them that they would ever be unbiased. So, here's to me keeping my big mouth shut and smiling and nodding through my review. Pray for me people....this will NOT be an easy task for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment