Search This Blog

Saturday, May 19, 2012

50 Shades of a catfight


Okay, I bought into it and I am enjoying it. The "50 Shades of Grey" trilogy came at a good time when women are getting overwhelmed with life. We have to do it all and look good doing it. And I know it isn't great literature, and I began reading them knowing that. Anyone that expects a great work of art is a fool. But I do take offense to people saying that this series is just for frustrated housewives in bad marriages.


Believe it or not some believe that. Not sure why a book about bondage and a unique relationship would appeal to women in trouble marriages because I just find that silly. I will say I think it goes to a place where few have gone. And yes it pushed the envelope and introduces subjects that people typically shy away from. It is a work of fiction, fantasy. Look at it for what it is. So jump off the soap box you divorced bitter women and let us suburban workhorses have our fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment